- Ron Douglas claims to have discovered all 11 of the Colonel’s original herbs and spices. Is MSG an herb or a spice?
- New York has pizza. Chicago has hot dogs. And Washington has the crab cake, says IFA-fave Jane Black. Some of them made from crabs from Venezuela.
- The New York Times talks to the food stylist from Julie & Julia, while the Washington Post catches a screening with Julia Child’s friends.
- Utah’s pastrami burger is a shock, LA’s pastrami burrito sounds revelational.
- Katherine Mangu-Ward doesn’t support a tax on cokes, but U.S. Centers for Disease Control chief Thomas Freiden says it “would be effective” for reducing obesity. Does Freiden support the specific tax proposal that’s been put before the Senate Finance Committee—or “any intervention that reduces the price of healthy foods and increases the price of unhealthy foods,” as Marc Ambinder says?
- I wish that Bar Crudo, or anything like it, was based in the District.
- Prosecco: now fancy.